Friday, May 18, 2007

On Being a Lady

I recently completed a highly intellectual quiz where it was determined that I, ValGal, am 88% girly. This percentage was based on scientifically projected questions on the number of bottles of nail polish I own and whether or not I say, "That's hot", and whether I watch The OC or Grey's Anatomy.

Finding out that I am 88% girly is like finding out that I like chocolate. Who's surprised? Anybody?

At least if I'm 88% girly it means that I know how to sit in a knee-length skirt without flashing the entire subway car. Yes, fellow females, I am talking to you. I understand that sometimes in the morning we are sleepy because we haven't had that Starbucks latte. I understand that on the way home we're exhausted from a frantic work day. Sometimes we snooze, sometimes we drift. However, this does not excuse the six to eight inch gap between your knees, Ms. Underpants.

The First Rule of Skirt Wearing is this: Knees Firmly Together. (The second rule is: Full panties, please.) Don't Be Like Lindsay/Britney/Paris. Maybe that creepy guy over there wants to see your junk, but I certainly don't.

Next time we'll focus on another serious fashion crime: Shadow toes and sandals. The horror!

No comments: