Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm such a gentleman.


Last week as we got up from our lunch table I noticed another building worker leaning back in his chair, ogling my coworker's denim-clad ass with a look in his eyes that said that he was filing that particular image in his brain for future use. I snapped. "What are you looking at?" I asked indignantly. "Nothing! I was looking at you..." he dwindled. I'd caught him and called him out! Props for Val! I felt great. I'd saved the day and my friend's dignity from the probing eyes of a local Neanderthal.


Today he came up to our door and spoke to my coworker. "Please pass on this message," he said stiffly. "Tell certain people that they should find out what they're talking about before they speak. My wife was at that table with me. I was not looking at anything I should not have been looking at. I had to go home to my wife and deal with her. Tell people they should think before speaking."


I felt bad for about 2 seconds.


However, a few facts came to mind.


1. He was leaning back in his chair with his arm flung over the back, a wolfish leer on his lips, eyes pointedly focused below the level of our belts.

2. I did not say, "Stop looking at my friend's ass, you lech!", though I wanted to.

3. If his wife wanted to take from my comment that he was looking somewhere he wasn't, well, that's not really my problem.


Plus, he was totally looking. There's nothing wrong with looking, but the drooling kind of ticked me off. And now I have to deal with this guy on occasion -- I can't wait! I guess this is yet another one of those opportunities where my mouth speaks before the brain filter kicks in.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heheheh. Great way to start your blogging! I look forward to reading about many more "incidents" at work.

Karen said...

yay, you have a blog!!! welcome sis. i enjoyed reading your first one...
miss you!