Thursday, February 22, 2007

Guess What I Just Did!

I got booted! At camp!

Actually, I just went to my regular boot camp class and sweated my way through a series of aerobics ("Grapevine left!"), weight training, step class ("Vee step right! Ham-curl three! Vee step left! Jack it up!"), abs, and jumping around in general for approximately sixty minutes. The point of all this is to make onself look like a complete ass for an hour and hopefully make oneself hot in doing so.

Of course, the instructor is an incredibly chiseled and attractive young girl with arms reminiscent of Madonna and true Buns of Steel (but, I note with bitchy delight, a touch of cellulite on her shapely thighs.)

And of course, she does not do boot camp to make herself look that way. She is basically a career athlete who teaches classes, does some personal training on the side, and oh yeah, competes in triathlons, marathons, and Ironman races regularly. The way she looks is secondary to what she accomplishes, and that's the way it should be.

I, on the other hand, spend three hours a week spinning, one in boot camp, one in martial arts, one weight training, and another two to four hours weekly on a variation of the human hamster wheel so that I can look like I compete in triathlons, marathons, and Ironman races.

Hm.

Meanwhile, if anybody's interested in truly blitzing himself or herself in the name of fitness, check out: www.crossfit.com and be truly blown away.

1 comment:

Irene said...

One of my step instructors has 0 body fat on her body. I estimate that she teaches step/weigh resistance classes about 15-20 every week. She's one of those people can exercise like crazy and still go for more. Me, I'm wiped after one class with her.

The best part about her is that she has two young kids. Two kids and an awesome body. I would call her a bitch, except she's too nice a person. Sigh.